An 'S' Scale Adventure

Marsh Lane

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys, Cannot argue with that!

I have a little project on the go with my Dad for the next few weeks, before I get back to doing the drawings for the tank, so there will be a bit of radio silence now for a while!

Marsh Lane

Western Thunderer
Hi Rich
Houston to Apollo 11.....end of radio silence?!
Hope all is well?
Julian

Hi Julian,
Thanks for the message, a few little bits going on in the background, but my father has had a number of health related issues since mid-June - one of those scenarios that has gone on, and on, and on and on. But despite that, the NHS has been fantastic. Thankfully 90% of the concerns, tests, exploratory things have come back negative, and the one issue we do have is long-term but manageable, but only really got resolved last month properly, fingers crossed! Its just taken its toll a bit this year, especially on modelling time - I feel somewhat worn out!

Getting back into things slowly. I did have a period where I wondered if S Scale was really for me, but i think that mojo blip has passed. I am actually part way through trying to do the CAD drawings for the Barclay tank, hopefully get them finished over Christmas. I have a couple of weeks off from the day job, so further updates may follow :)

Richie

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi Richie
It is good to hear that health concerns for your father are quite positive, I too agree that the NHS does try its best. Family is important and unfortunately as we live longer we perhaps expect more. I can only wish you well for the New Year.
Glad you can find time over the next few weeks to do a bit, yes S scale does need a lot of attention but the results are fantastic as there is no chance of anyone bringing out a RTR once you have finished!
Best wishes for Christmas and look forward to seeing something.
Julian