4mm An EM Workbench: Mousa resin

David Geen tank New

AJC

Western Thunderer
Downing tools for a week of conferences and holiday. Underframe metalwork mostly completed (the outlet pipe will be made and added later - it's pretty obvious that the tank isn't on properly). The combination of quite soft whitemetal, and brass components not designed for the purpose has not made this a terribly enjoyable experience thus far and as you can see some of the fixings have suffered. This is all repairable but irritating.

480E6387-2EC2-4EC7-8609-418223F01261.jpeg

It’s a bit untidy, to be honest. I might well park this for a bit and do something less fraught!

Adam

Last edited:

AJC

Western Thunderer
A little something before I head off for a week. A Bill Bedford (Mousa) mineral, of GNR origin - another for the, now quite long, ‘30s freight. You’ll note that I’ve made a few changes, some of preference (axleboxes, end door chains), others for durability. The latter are based on my experience with an earlier Mousa kit, most obviously the replacement lever and guide and, still to come, door springs, which failed to survive handling, so certainly won’t live in traffic.

F557C26F-531E-40EC-B2CA-C6BCDB27F82E.jpeg

There’s some extra door strapping to add, too. A good dose of lead beneath the floor.

29A64B80-B659-4DC5-A07F-38DB40F7E71D.jpeg

Adam

Last edited:

readingtype

Though haven't come across photos of BR VIX Ferry vans or any BR Ferry vans or wagons operating in Europe.
Have a look at Carstens, S. (2015) Fritz Willke: Fotograf und Archivar. Fürstenfeldbruck: Verlagsgruppe Bahn and Essen: Klartext. I suspect I may understate the case if I claim that it will provide satisfaction on both those points. It's currently still in print and on offer at half price, but note that my more recent attempts to order books from this publisher within the UK, either in dead tree or electronic form, have been politely but firmly rebuffed. ISBN: 9783969680735.

Ben

Reactions: AJC

AJC

Western Thunderer
Have a look at Carstens, S. (2015) Fritz Willke: Fotograf und Archivar. Fürstenfeldbruck: Verlagsgruppe Bahn and Essen: Klartext. I suspect I may understate the case if I claim that it will provide satisfaction on both those points. It's currently still in print and on offer at half price, but note that my more recent attempts to order books from this publisher within the UK, either in dead tree or electronic form, have been politely but firmly rebuffed. ISBN: 9783969680735.

Ben

Very interesting indeed, Ben (though German is not a language I have, I do have family over there, so the acquisition issue is not as stark as it might be…).

Adam

Last edited:

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Verlagsgruppe Bahn and Essen stopped supplying the UK after the UK effectively closed the trade about three years ago. You could try MSL/Modelbahn Union who still trade with the UK to obtain the book or simply use the Bay.de and hope for the best.

No doubt someone will argue but as a regular importer, I am happy to ignore them.

Tim

Reactions: AJC