All work and no clay!

N

Neil Sullivan

Well some of you asked for photographs..........

image.jpg

So here we go, this little choo choo will run the clay dries on the 7mm layout, which is still some way off.

Progress is fairly sloooowwww..........but hopefully will progress a little more next year.

Retirement from current job looms, and hopefully we can make a start, about time to!!

image.jpg

mickoo

Western Thunderer
That's a nice tidy looking loco, was it a kit and if so, by whom please, it appeals to my scatter gun whims at the moment.

Mind I do wonder if that's the correct chimney for it or the correct cab, a low cab like that suggest a cut down cab for clearance but that doesn't fit the chimney or safety valves some how, none the less, it's a nice chunky looking tank that'd go well on a dock type layout.

N

Neil Sullivan

It was built from an Impetus kit, a Bagnal 16". The chimney is as supplied, in this case a Geisel. The kit comes with two cabs, and in this case the smaller cab gives the loco a more workman like appearance.

I always think it reminds me of a battle dwarf, small, squat and immensely powerful.

Rather than name it after my good lady, I have thought about suitable names such as Dane, or Gimli!

Perhaps one day I will get around to ordering the plates!

mickoo

Western Thunderer
It was built from an Impetus kit, a Bagnal 16". The chimney is as supplied, in this case a Geisel. The kit comes with two cabs, and in this case the smaller cab gives the loco a more workman like appearance.

I always think it reminds me of a battle dwarf, small, squat and immensely powerful.

Rather than name it after my good lady, I have thought about suitable names such as Dane, or Gimli!

Perhaps one day I will get around to ordering the plates!

Neil,

Cheers will wander over there and have a look around :thumbs:

AJC

Western Thunderer
Very nice weathering job - would you be terribly put out if I pointed out that you've managed to assemble the cab sides and roof inside out? Those half etched lines were meant to ease the inside of the bend. I've done one of these myself in EM and, barring a few component size issues, it was a very pleasant thing to build. Mine really does have a Giesl...

Carnarvon2.jpg

It has had a little weathering since but remains reasonably clean to stand contrast with the rest of my fleet of industrials.

Adam

N

Neil Sullivan

If you look closely, you can also see where some rivets are inside out!

No excuses sarnt major, sometimes you just hope you can get away with things!!!!!!