Albion Yard & Others

PMP

Western Thunderer
Hi Paul,
Mine is back in it's box for Santa to deliver but it is rather nice. They've made a nice job of these.

Rob
Mines a DC only version, I've not yet really dug into it part from it running on Shelfie two, three and my Peco bullhead test section. I do like it, but I'm not of the opinion that it's a massive step above the current Bachmann version, despite the frothnami in other locations on t'interweb. I'm far from an expert on them either but from a chat with Gary Hinson at Warley he's given me a few pointers on this particular example. I did have a good look at their 57xx at Warley and will write up some thoughts on those on the blog in the next few days.

IMG_1139.jpeg
This is where one of the next projects is taking me :eek:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning Paul,

I agree with your Class 37 thoughts. Bachmann's model is good and as your say, little to separate that and Accurascale.
Mine is also DCC ready but probably will fit sound in due course. I've heard/handled too many noisey ones in the shop not to !

I'm also no expert but in a way that's quite liberating as I work on the basis of if it looks right...etc, etc...
I think the finish on Bachmann's green is better, deeper. I'm also on the fence regarding their treatment of the windscreen and how it fits to the front of the cab. Two areas where the Accurascale is clearly superior to Bachmann's example is that of fitting DCC and price. For a retailer, Accurascale always sells at full RRP, whereas Bachmann is sold at a discount. Taking this into consideration, that puts Accurascale's DCC ready model some £50 cheaper that Bachmann's. Good for the customer as well. DCC fitting is a case of unclipping the roof whereas Bachmann relies on body removal.
Detail wise, there is little difference between the two as there is in terms of running etc.

Now, do I note a TT120 Shelfie.......?

Rob

Reactions: PMP

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
I've ordered a 37 from the next AS batch - green, centre headcode, SYE. One of the advantages of the AS loco is that they sell their own P4 drop-in wheelsets, which is a change from waiting for Ultrascales...

PMP

Western Thunderer
Now, do I note a TT120 Shelfie.......?

Rob
Definitely with you on the Class 37 window surrounding, if you mixed Bachmann frame and Accurascale glazing it might just be ‘perfect’.. I do have a TT120 project in mind but lack of stock at the moment has stalled that one unfortunately!

17880209-E4A7-4CCA-A248-E930D5D9835F.jpeg
The track picture is of an upcoming borders project in N Finescale rather than TT.
5F47A835-AD0E-4B3E-89A8-4B653DD2411C.jpeg

Gary Hinson

My ears are burning, we could have picked a better spot to talk about Farish wheel standards, than within ear shot of Tim Watson ;) here's a photo of one of my projects, the Tyndrum end of Bridge of Orchy, straight out the box RTR N gauge stock runs through it

Attachments

• 285175556_5059246540838448_2737190146338595244_n.jpg
    285175556_5059246540838448_2737190146338595244_n.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 39

PMP

Western Thunderer
Further experiments in N gauge
BE96CCB1-85BE-45A1-9B21-2FE84D00D6A2.jpeg
This is a Severn Models etched signal box, a nice kit which I’ve built with solder and cyano assembly. The big change on this kit has been cutting the base away to convert this to a platform mounted box, now ground frame. Once the core structure was together I’ve added microstrip to give some relief.
DB1194FF-F90A-4A3C-A3F8-51BAF537707E.jpeg