Trade ABS Models/Wrightlines/Classic Commercials News

djparkins

Western Thunderer
To end the speculation I am posting a link here to our own web site about several of Adrian's 7mm ranges and the Classic Commercials range -
David J Parkins

Please note the part about us not having the time to get into discussions about individual items. We are very busy getting all the currently available items onto the sight and re-tooling out of stock ones. Updates will be made at very regular intervals as more stuff is being added every day - see the sidebar menus on our home page - https://www.djparkins.com/home.php - for the individual ranges.

There are some real bargains to be had at present, as with the stock that came with our purchase, we thought we'd just keep the prices at or just below those charged when Adrian was last trading - and hopefully this will provide an alternative to some of the exhorbitant prices being suggested on a certain auction site for [in particular] the 43-two-1 wagon kits. As new production costs get applied in the future, then obviously prices will have to rise - though of course we will always strive to keep them as low as possible, as we do with our own MMP kits.

For the SR Coach building fans amongst you, you might want to check this link out! - David J Parkins

Regards to all,

DJP/MMP

An afterthought! With the inherited stocks of wagon kits you get the added bonus of addtional reading material from the scrunched-up pages Adrian used for packing. Catch up with the Radio Times and the Poole & Dorset Herald from as far back as the 1970s!

Last edited:

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Excellent news, though of no particular interest to me, subject matter wise, I'm pleased to see such a vast collection of kits for the hobby return. Well done to all involved :thumbs:

AndyH

Thanks. Order made and no doubt more to come!
*send an email to bank and suggests to Mrs it may be a difficult couple of months

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Great to see the Bulleid coach side kits on your site. I went in to place an order for Bulleid D2406 brake composite sides (the loose coach with twin periscopes and the WC in the center) but... I can't tell from the descriptions if you have these or not.

On the basis that the only type of Bulleid brake third was a D2123 semi-open brake third, and that you have the deep and shallow vent versions listed, I'm guessing that the coach in the first line described as a brake third is actually a brake composite. That then gives 2 further options.

It could be the D2405 brake composite (which had the WC at the end of the coach) which was used in the 2-coach sets (which you have listed separately). It could also be the D2406 brake composite (which had the WC in the center of the coach) which was generally a loose coach. Loose is mentioned in the description, so I'm guessing what is described as a brake third is actually the D2406 brake composite that I want.

Are you able to confirm?
(PS, more than happy to help if you want the information to be able to add the diagram numbers to the descriptions)

rps20211015_073431.jpg

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
PS, have ordered the sides for a WoE 2-set and the 'brake third' in the hope that my logic is correct. Having refreshed the page I'm glad I did as the 'brake third' is now out of stock.

Just got to find a suitable roof profile now - any suggestions?

djparkins

Western Thunderer
PS, have ordered the sides for a WoE 2-set and the 'brake third' in the hope that my logic is correct. Having refreshed the page I'm glad I did as the 'brake third' is now out of stock.

Just got to find a suitable roof profile now - any suggestions?

Thanks but I think you'll want us to drop that one from your order. It is a Corridor Br. Third of D.2122 - the one formally in the three car sets with the D.2316 Corridor Composites. Often referred to as the 'Side Corridor Stock' - suburban style compatment doors on one side and non-vent fixed windows on the corridor side.

Let us know before we post the order out later.

No roof suggestions as such, but how about wooden strips sanded smooth and covered with a material such as solartex?

Regards,

DJP

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Thanks but I think you'll want us to drop that one from your order. It is a Corridor Br. Third of D.2122 - the one formally in the three car sets with the D.2316 Corridor Composites. Often referred to as the 'Side Corridor Stock' - suburban style compatment doors on one side and non-vent fixed windows on the corridor side.

Let us know before we post the order out later.

No roof suggestions as such, but how about wooden strips sanded smooth and covered with a material such as solartex?

Regards,

DJP

Thanks for the above confirmation. Yes, please drop the brake third from the order. Can I add in a second underframe kit instead please and pay the difference?

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Ok
Would like one of these, would go well on our clubs layout ex-LSWR Cowans Sheldon 36 ton Breakdown Crane.

Thank you David for taking the range on

Ian G

Many Thanks Ian,

Just to update things - we've now added all the GWR Wagon Kits we currently have, plus a few Classic Commercials vehicles. There wasn't much left stockwise from the CC range. Have also added some Wrightlines locos. Now starting to prepare the LMS/LNER & SR wagons, and all the Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock we have, for adding early next week.

DJP

Tony Overton

Western Thunderer
David

Can I ask, do you have any old instruction sheets still knocking about for the ABS LSWR ‘D’ open goods wagon? I don't know the reference number, sorry. I'm in need of one to help with repairing/re-painting my wagon, see thumb nail.

Cheers

Tony

Attachments

• LSWR WAGON 12819.JPG
    LSWR WAGON 12819.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 10

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Will be interesting to see which LMS group 7mm wagons come back. I know Adrian had several new patterns which never went into production, so I imagine they might be popular. However, I do appreciate that re-introducing such a large range will take some considerable time.

Mike

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Will be interesting to see which LMS group 7mm wagons come back. I know Adrian had several new patterns which never went into production, so I imagine they might be popular. However, I do appreciate that re-introducing such a large range will take some considerable time.

Mike

Mike

If they are new patterns (and there are several from both LMS and LNER constituents in particular), they will not be listed right away as those kits will need to get finished off and to take their place in the queue. What we are talking about here is stocks we have of the wagons Adrian had in his last trading catalogue at prices that won’t ever get repeated. So best to amass all you might need!

Last edited: