A small country halt somewhere west of Middlesex

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Just been catching up again, Michael (following yet another personal health set-back.) Your continued precise and superb work continues to delight and amaze me. Whilst I am taking an imposed break from modelling, your work enables me to enjoy seeing your layout coming to life. My most humble thanks for providing this pleasure for me.

Roger

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Roger I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing health issues. I wish you good health going forward. Thank you for your kind words regarding my fits and starts around building a layout. As I get older I am realizing what my limitations are, not only the physical ones of needing more magnification to see clearly, but also the mental aspects of what is really important to me regarding where to focus my energy. The hardest one is letting go of the feeling that I must finish everything and stick to one project. And now some days I just want to smell the roses and let the day unfold and relax.
Cheers Michael

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Thank you Michael. Sadly these limitations come to us all and the added complication of more severe health issues is of little help. I am getting slowly back in to things but by way of a change from railways - I hope to show more of this adventure later. In the meantime your progress continues to fascinate and entertain me - thanks again.

Roger :thumbs: .

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The track is now positioned with enough spikes to check out the rolling through the points and with the back to back set to prototype 53 1/2 inches even without the check rails my test chassis rolls without any issues and no drop through the crossing View attachment 211444
This reminds me of my own layout boards, which for a long time showed the scars of the previous, smaller scale layout that had been started, and then taken up - for a similar reason, too; I had nowhere indoors to run my US O Scale, which I found I much preferred to the US HO that I had. I found trying to work in two scales that I seemed to accomplish less in either, than if I had just one scale to focus on.
000031696384.Jpeg
Taken whilst hand-spiking the O scale track, with the clear outlines of ballasted-but-ripped-out HO flexitrack underneath!! :rolleyes:

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jordan for sharing you own changes, I can not imagine working even with O gauge any more let alone HO gauge, but as my interests lie mostly in building a model than running a railway I see my layout as more of a large diorama to create a moment in time rather than an exact location, more a sense of nostalgic childhood memories. While admittedly was at the twilight of steam.
The south end is now fully spiked much less work than the smaller 1/32 track but still a lot of work.
IMG_2274.jpeg
Michael