7mm conversion chart

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
Does anyone know, please, if there exists, in printed form, a ready reckoner or chart to convert 7mm to full size and full size to 7mm. So, that would be standard O gauge to full size and vice versa. Or, a means to convert sized items from a drawing to O gauge.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
Not sure, Phil. The drawing that I have for the Engine Shed is, obviously, marked up in Imperial and I want to be able to look at a particular size for instance, 9"x9" or 4"x2" or something like that and simply look at a 'comparison chart' and see how this converts to O Gauge. I hope that makes it a bit clearer.
Jon

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I couldn't work it out either!

If you're after a non-tech version Jon, here is one (well two) which I drew up in 1972, probably on the Emerald Isle Express out of Euston on a Sunday evening hence the appalling script.

I should add it is subject to E&OE! PDF & JPEG:

7mm Chart 1 JPEG.jpg 7mm Chart 2 JPEG.jpg

Attachments

• 7mm Chart 1.pdf
    321.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 7mm Chart 2.pdf
    333.3 KB · Views: 6

SimonT

Western Thunderer
CPL do a 7mm = 1Foot (Equivalents) table that goes from1/8" to 24" in 1/8" increments which gives the scale dimensions in both mm and inches(thou). Mine is in constant use.
Simon

John D

Western Thunderer
I can't see a problem reading Arty's chart.......the two left hand columns relate to the full size article measured in metric and imperial . The various scales are running across the top line of the chart so,for example , if we look at the lower yellow highlighted line we see it refers to 304.8mm or 12 inches looking at the scales on the topmost line for 7mm and going down that column until it meets the highlighted yellow line we find that 12 inches (sometimes called a foot) equals 7mm.........simples. Read off all the full size measurements from the left hand columns accordingly in whatever scale.

John

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I can't see a problem reading Arty's chart.......

All good now. "Operator" issues - when I opened Arty's chart download I could only see part of the document, columns F onwards.

I never thought that it might not be displaying fully, so once I'd moved the cursor at bottom it gave the left side of doc. :rolleyes:
:thumbs:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I'd have to look through my back numbers to see which copy it came with, I think also that there was a 4mm table issued.

Col.

No don't worry - I can do that once I've dug them all out! I was trying to avoid the job by using the online search but just can't think why it would not appear, unless it's because it was a stapled insert like the occasional Wild Swan catalogues. I'll look through this evening.

pcalkel

i had some spreadsheets which i did for myself, and had them put on the Scale 7 website, hope i have uploaded them correctly.

Paul

Attachments

• Imperial7mm0-60ft.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Metric7mmConvert1ft-2.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Metric7mmConvert1ft.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Metric7mmConvert0-60ft-2.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Metric7mmConvert0-60ft.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 7