2mmfs Kyle Of Lochalsh (an Extract)

Western Thunderer
I'm designing an EM roundy roundy that doesn't have a fiddle yard, instead a double track main line with switching sections will be the fiddle yard. All scenic. Will post the track plan on my EM thread.

My Dublingham layout has the fiddle yard hidden behind the monitor display, so complete opposite.
Tony

D6356

Western Thunderer
I'm designing an EM roundy roundy that doesn't have a fiddle yard, instead a double track main line with switching sections will be the fiddle yard. All scenic. Will post the track plan on my EM thread.

My Dublingham layout has the fiddle yard hidden behind the monitor display, so complete opposite.
Tony
Check out the 2mm scale layout of Ivybridge, back scene is at first glance spaghetti, but is just a lot of plain track to reverse and queue trains, no points and perhaps space for 16 trains - but open to correction. The switching is automatic and makes for a great layout.
around 11 minutes 25 sec shows fiddle yard. Seen at the Derby 2mmfs weekend in 2022.
Sorry to digress
Robert

David Hall

Western Thunderer
Always nice to see Kyle pop up again Pete. I spent an enjoyable half hour revisiting the thread. It's a mini masterpiece. You really are an artist (well an architect ;)).

All the best,
David