1/32 0-4-0 Peckett

1/32

michael mott

Western Thunderer
I was working away quietly on this project and since Brian asked to see some pictures
here they are.
I wanted to cobble together a quick battery loco for the garden railway a year or so ago and had an Aristocraft power block. so I swapped wheels for some finer ones turned up on the lathe. I did not want to get into a lot of brasswork because i knew it would get bogged down so opted for card and wood. There have been a few modellers who have produced excellent locos out of card, so that was also one of the reasons for choosing card. I wanted to see how well I could put one together that looked reasonably obviously a Pecket. and it has to be battery operated.
The photos are fairly self explanatory.
IMG_0863x1024.jpg

IMG_0867x1024.jpg

IMG_0868x1024.jpg

IMG_0882x1024.jpg

IMG_0883x1024.jpg
Capture0913.JPG

IMG_0895x1024.jpg

IMG_0912x1024.jpg

IMG_0938x1024.jpg

It like most of my stuff is a work in progress, and was basically inspired by this loco

Michael

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Thanks for sharing for Michael,

That`s an interesting mix of materials your using and see why you`ve gone down this route.
Certainly quicker than brass bashing!.

I aslo see the 'plexi glass'(?) fomer in one picture is that what you`ve use for the saddle by chance.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,
Brian.

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Thanks for sharing for Michael,

That`s an interesting mix of materials your using and see why you`ve gone down this route.
Certainly quicker than brass bashing!.

I aslo see the 'plexi glass'(?) fomer in one picture is that what you`ve use for the saddle by chance.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,
Brian.
Hi Brian The Plex former is the other half of the saddle that is plex wrapped in card.
Please tell us more about your very plausible Landscape, Michael :) David
David do you mean the garden railway, It is very simple here are a few pictures of the landscape using a different loco and scale it is the 3 foot gauge Verners Bog railway that was highlighted in an issue of Railway Bylines a few years ago, and my interpretation of that loco in the same spot.

Capture2631grey.jpg

Capture2654.JPG

IMG_2563x1024.jpg

IMG_2668x1024.jpg

And firther down the line near the water feature

IMG_2674x1024.jpg

Here is a overall shot of the garden railway at the west end also a year or so ago
IMG_2245x1024.jpg

The thyme has been growing in quite a lot lately. Earlier this summer IMG_4455x1024.jpg

IMG_4457x1024.jpg

And to give it some scale me and my 10 year ofd grandson playing with the Accucraft Bagnall modified to represent Sipat an 18 inch Bagnall and a coach loosely based on one of Heywood's Coaches.

Michael

me and Lennox with locox1024.jpg