Wantage Tramway No.5

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
I'm still amazed it has come out as well as it has! Like I say it's not perfect by any means, but I just tend to turn a blind eye to the errors and enjoy watching it trundling up and down the line. I've got few bits to finish off on it including dummy inside motion, but there's no rush!

If I was starting again I'd definitely make the cylinder block removable. Soldering this in was a nightmare and I was pretty despondent for a bit as the slidebars are not exactly 100% in line. Fortunately it runs like a dream so all's well. :)

A big thank you to all those on this forum who offered advice during this build. The 'likes' really help lift my spirits.

IMHO the closer tolerances of S7 make a big difference in the running quality, but as I do not own a lathe I was completely reliant on young Mr Dowling to re-profile the Slaters wheels to Scale7 standards. Cheers Col. :thumbs:

Time now to listen to some Jimi Hendrix!:cool:

Mike

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
IMHO the closer tolerances of S7 make a big difference in the running quality, but as I do not own a lathe I was completely reliant on young Mr Dowling to re-profile the Slaters wheels to Scale7 standards. Cheers Col. :thumbs:

Time now to listen to some Jimi Hendrix!:cool:

Mike

You're welcome mate :thumbs:.....as for Hendrix, after seeing N0.5 above it's gotta be "There's a red house over yonder "....

Col.

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
Well done! Great effort, No.5 certainly looks the part. As the coal bunker is so visible, I made some fire irons and a shovel to lay on top. The red livery looks great - I’m regretting using BR coach maroon - seemed a good notion at the time!
Ah, thanks Ian. :thumbs:

The red paint was selected from Halfords finest! I just looked at what seemed to be nice red and went for it. Not very scientific I know, but I don't let science get in the way of my model-making. :D

Mike

simond

Western Thunderer
Thanks Mike,

It’s got to go. I hate it! It was supposed to be a good BR maroon sort of colour, but to my eye it’s a bit LT.

Someone’ll be along in 32 nanoseconds to tell me they’re the same...

no rush, other things cooking.

Atb
Simon