Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

glad to hear that you are over the worst and getting back to the workbench in an orderly manner and not rushing your hurdles too quickly!

regards

Mike

AdeMoore

Western Thunderer
I can only echo my comment over on RMweb where you had many handfuls of well wishers.
All the best keep taking the medicine and make sure you gain a full recovery before getting too ambitious.
Cheers
Ade

adrian

Flying Squad
Modelling ground to a halt as despite my best efforts, I managed to contract COVID, most likely during my shift on NYE.

I'm over the worst of it now but for a couple of weeks things were a bit tricky and I was quite poorly.
It will take me a while to fully rid myself of the effects but I'm getting there and count myself as lucky.
What a bummer - sorry to hear about that. I know it affects people in a myriad of different ways and everyone seems to have a different experience. Still glad to hear that it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. All the very best - and thanks for the contributions you are able to make - always entertaining.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Sorry to hear that you succumbed to the dreaded Covid and that it knocked you down, but I'm glad you're on the way up again. I had it about halfway through the last lockdown, but fortunately I only had a tickley cough.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

Thank you all for your kind words. By way of an update, I currently get short of breath at times (never had this pre-COVID) and have acquired an occasional cough, something which I didn't have initially. Can't seem to shake it.

I'm sure these will go over time and am still taking things easy.

Modelling wise, I will confine myself to preparing the buildings and bits and bobs for Outwool.

Next up will be the offices for the depot. Two Hornby RTP buildings which will be repainted in places and suitably weathered using powders.

That should just about do it building wise. I also need to order some GER pattern buffer stops from Lanarkshire models and sort out some bullhead rail from which to make a typical GER loading gauge.

So enough to be getting on with for now methinks.

Rob.

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Rob,

This image really impressed, thank you for sharing it. May I ask the origin of the model and was the layout featured in Model Rail April 2019, my dear wife emptied the magazine rack.........

20190522_054030-01-jpeg-jpg.132289

Thanks once more for sharing

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob,

This image really impressed, thank you for sharing it. May I ask the origin of the model and was the layout featured in Model Rail April 2019, my dear wife emptied the magazine rack.........

20190522_054030-01-jpeg-jpg.132289

Thanks once more for sharing

Thank you.

Its a bog standard Hornby 9 plank mineral wagon. Pretty certain the prototype was a private owner wagon but Hornby dressed it up to look like an ex-L&NER jobbie.

Well spotted, its sat on Mutton which was indeed featured in Model Rail April 2019.

It also popped up in BRM in July 2019.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Here then is the first of the small offices which will live on Outwool.

A few tweaks remain to do but its just about there. The window sills require the lightest of further touches, there may well be a L&NER notice board and perhaps a fire bucket or two. These can be added just before the hut is planted.

For now, this is where it's at so to speak with a reminder of how it looked upon arrival at Chateau Sheep. 20201129_114410.jpg.bf0afafd35215185884c58564465872e.jpg

An interim image. 20210202_212301-01.jpeg
And a few images after this evenings activities.

20210203_220133-01.jpeg 20210203_220009-01.jpeg 20210203_220329-02.jpeg

Rob.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

Afraid I am playing catch up with various threads here and didn't realise you have been ill with Covid. So I'm pleased to read that you are now over the worst of it. Glad to know that it hasn't affected your modelling skills and that you are still turning out some excellent work.

Best Wishes,
Geoff

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Thank you.

Its a bog standard Hornby 9 plank mineral wagon. Pretty certain the prototype was a private owner wagon but Hornby dressed it up to look like an ex-L&NER jobbie.

Rob.

This is the 'alleged' prototype, both Mainline and Dapol have had a go at the Charrington wagon with varying degrees of success. I was surprised by the sheer size of the Dapol version that just pitched up, it is a biggun.

Charringtons1.jpg