The lima bodging works ( or James does some bodging )

Bagnall built

Well I'd thought I would share some of my and my dad's lima bodging / anything else of period.

I do enjoy Lima locos and others like them , just something about them reminds me of my childhood and the fact that you create something unique to you as a pose to opening a box ( I do that myself ) .

This is all plain DC code 100 bodging so sorry no dcc , no sound and especially no lights..

My preferred time period I enjoy is 1968- 1973, an odd one I know but one that I think is full of colour , dirt , grot , and the shadows of steam .

So to kick things off here's a lima warship I've recently attempted to make a little different, yes I know it needs renaming and numbering but this is a loco that's cost nothing but a few hours saved from a bin , literally . I've replaced the lima coupling with a smaller bachman one , and filled in the front skirt and put some pipes on with a screw link coupling.

I've done a few other locos and stuff but if it's not the sort of thing this forum is into then I will leave them .20230128_182913.jpg20230128_182854.jpg

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Well I'd thought I would share some of my and my dad's lima bodging / anything else of period.

I do enjoy Lima locos and others like them , just something about them reminds me of my childhood and the fact that you create something unique to you as a pose to opening a box ( I do that myself ) .

This is all plain DC code 100 bodging so sorry no dcc , no sound and especially no lights..

My preferred time period I enjoy is 1968- 1973, an odd one I know but one that I think is full of colour , dirt , grot , and the shadows of steam .

So to kick things off here's a lima warship I've recently attempted to make a little different, yes I know it needs renaming and numbering but this is a loco that's cost nothing but a few hours saved from a bin , literally . I've replaced the lima coupling with a smaller bachman one , and filled in the front skirt and put some pipes on with a screw link coupling.

I've done a few other locos and stuff but if it's not the sort of thing this forum is into then I will leave them .View attachment 179106View attachment 179107
Like the weathering on the Warship. Takes me back to seeing them at Salisbury - always mucky with much peeling paint!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Good to see someone actively taking old RTR and improving it. Whilst the old Lima stuff might be looked down upon these days compared to new high fidelity (and high cost) models, the main thing is that you're actually doing some modelling. This forum thrives on people 'doing'. Good stuff.

Bagnall built

Good to see someone actively taking old RTR and improving it. Whilst the old Lima stuff might be looked down upon these days compared to new high fidelity (and high cost) models, the main thing is that you're actually doing some modelling. This forum thrives on people 'doing'. Good stuff.
Thanks Chris , I mean was hard not to like conversions and detailing stuff with dad's influence in stuff . Just wish I could get hold of some more craftsman and crownline kits .

Bagnall built

Here's something slightly newer , it's still one of the 1st edition bachman 37s , but one I've remembered and backdated by removing the domino's,
20230129_105505.jpg20230129_105449.jpg

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Whilst the old Lima stuff might be looked down upon these days compared to new high fidelity (and high cost) models,
It was the pancake motors, pizza cutter wheels and Volvo bumper couplers that let Lima models down. For the most part their later diesel body mouldings were pretty good, and a great base for extra detailing & repainting.

Herb Garden

Western Thunderer
I've saved a few Lima items from my trainset days... Which as has already been said are a great foundation for an upgrade project. With the aim of one day doing something with them..... Makes me think about getting one out and having a go myself

What you are doing is really great stuff! Do keep posting!

Bagnall built

well after a hiatus of a few months , ive embarked on yet another layout well more a working diorama to be able to have some nice detailed stuffs away from the cats , hope fully when the weather gets a little nicer i should be able to sort the shed out and build the next 4x2 board to add on , but here's my late 60s early 70s stabling point , still all a work in progress but slowly coming together . planning for it to be of no fixed location and yes i know that the different regions had different ideas but oh well at least no Drs or Network rail class 37s etc....

ATM its currently running in its eastern scheme but the western or southern theme maybe next .

oh and the bridge i plan on building a new double track one with 3rd rail running over it . 20230515_215834.jpg20230516_224022.jpg