RCH 1923 Underframe

Using the drawings from the resources on this forum I have created a ( Full size ) model of the RCH 1923 Goods wagon underframe in Onshape.

There are a few parts of the drawings which are open to interpretation, particularly the axle boxes.

It is a public model and can be accessed Here Although you need to sign up for an Onshape account first.
It can also be downloaded as a step file, which should allow import into other CAD packages.

RCH1.png

Mike W

Western Thunderer
That's really very nice. So nice that I feel churlish to point out a very small error - the brake cam is on the wrong side - where it is the lever would take the brakes off. What do you intend to do with it? Solid print part of it? I say part as presumably not the wheels.

simond

Western Thunderer
I prepared my Mica chassis using the same info. See my workbench thread. It’s possible to print in 7mm, with some brass details, but it probably isn’t strong enough. I reckon brass axleguards will be my next step.

Mike’s right, the cam belongs on the other side (or swap the brake pushrods over)

That's really very nice. So nice that I feel churlish to point out a very small error - the brake cam is on the wrong side - where it is the lever would take the brakes off. What do you intend to do with it? Solid print part of it? I say part as presumably not the wheels.
I have corrected the brake cam. I'm sure there are other errors. There should not be both PO and Company number plates on the same wagon for example.

1691879442549.png

I modelled it mainly as an exercise, but I will be printing some of the parts.