Personal preferences

Sarah Winfield

1. I don't know what Area 51 is about. Isn't it where in the US they are supposed to store their unidentified objects, both animal, vegetable, and mineral?
  2. I come to the forum every morning in case there is something new of interest to me.
  3. I have been hoping for some further videos of the Western diesels that have featured recently.
  4. Listening and watching them I have decided hearing them adds another dimension to my enjoyment.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Just for you, some real heavy iron :thumbs:

Seen before on here but for me, the best sound track that really captures the differences twixt GEVO and SD70ACe.

And this I found this morning, shame about the music but some of the best drone footage I've seen in the gorgeous Feather River Canyon.

Enjoy

AJC

Western Thunderer
Hello Sarah,

I think Area 51, in this context, is one of those 'in jokes' that's rather lost its clarity over the years. When Cynric started the forum, the intent was very much that this should be a Western (Region - and predecessors) in focus and the joke works in two ways, first that Swindon did things their own way and that other railways were alien and, arguably, also at WR fans expense... So Area 51 is for everything non-Western in focus, but indisciplined souls like me who lump everything in the same thread - including being a bit rude about how wrong Swindon was about doing things in some cases - perhaps don't help.

Meanwhile, here's a Western - my dad's, bashed from a LIMA example with a home-brewed, chain drive mech' which is common enough in the larger scales but unusual in 4mm: this one is in EM. D1011, Western Thunderer.
Thunderer.jpg

Hauls like a beast...

Adam

Sarah Winfield

T
Just for you, some real heavy iron :thumbs:

Seen before on here but for me, the best sound track that really captures the differences twixt GEVO and SD70ACe.

And this I found this morning, shame about the music but some of the best drone footage I've seen in the gorgeous Feather River Canyon.

Enjoy

The music is OK. Thanks for posting.