One of Ebays finest....

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Met Railway stock also has curved tops to the doors. I agree less likely than GER in that part of the country though. Is there a lot of surfing in Dereham?

Brian

daifly

Western Thunderer

simond

Western Thunderer
Open mouthed astonishment...

I think it’s possible to obtain kits for both vehicles from other sources, I’d guess for less than half these sums.

nowt so queer as folk.
Simon

Overseer

Western Thunderer
A truly beautiful model!

English is such a flexible language. It looks like a saddle tank I made when I was 8 or 9 in approximately O scale but the only wheels I could get were Romfords so near scale apart from too many spokes. Mine was made from zinc sheet just about soldered together then sprayed green from a can. I think it made a one way trip to the tip many years ago.

The pick ups are a wondrous thing. And it looks like BALL BEARINGS.

Genghis

Western Thunderer
I wonder if Richard de Camin is digging out the masters of these two kits this evening?
At over a £100 each for a fairly basic 7mm resin/whitemetal kit I'm tempted to sell the ones that I have. They were sensible money when I bought them a few years back.
O Gauge GWR Outside Framed Cattle Wagon, Dia W2, Resin/Whitemetal Kit, Unmade. | eBay
O gauge GWR Mica, Meat Van, Dia X7 & X8, Resin Body, Lost Wax castings. | eBay
Dave

I don't know about the cattle wagon, but I own the master for the Mica van! I hope to have it back in production in the new year for rather less than this one sold for.

Dave

Genghis

Western Thunderer
Open mouthed astonishment...

I think it’s possible to obtain kits for both vehicles from other sources, I’d guess for less than half these sums.

nowt so queer as folk.
Simon
I tried to locate who has sold the cattle wagon but couldn't. Meteor perhaps?
Dave

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Is the clue in the location? Being sold with lots of other kits and models from Bournemouth which is just down the road from Poole, as in black hole of ...

Mike

Mike W

Western Thunderer
To be more precise, these look like Adrian Swain's display models and some of his own collection, but the vendor on ebay has made a few errors. For instance the LNWR 0-4-0 saddle tank is nothing to do with ABS Models, but hand built by John Dale and presumably bought by Adrian Swain for his own interest.

Mike