Of interest to Steph Dale? and others as well, maybe

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
[attachimg=1]

Well not quite the prototype which Steph talks about...  just a very good model.  Photo by Tony Wright and courtesy of Nigel Smith.

[and now the cheeky bit :)...  the loco is part of the 82G stud and may well appear at the next showing of "The Engine Shed" at the Basingstoke & North Hants show on 12th / 13th March this year.  For details see here:- http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... arch-2011/

Attachments

• 82G-21-web.jpg
    82G-21-web.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 45

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Ahem, did I hear my name mentioned...?

Lovely model that Graham.  I'm gradually pulling together parts for mine which will be built alongside the Finney 'Duke'.  I have a set of Finney cab fittings, Slater's ATC gear, axles and a few other bits and pieces.

Still required are wheels (Slater's), motor/gearbox (ABC Mini 30:1 with Canon 1833), motion (mixed set of Finney 'Bulldog' and Laurie Griffin parts), brake and chassis details (Hobbyhorse and Finney) chimney (Springside) and a rivetted tender body (either from scratch or using Warren Shepherd etches).

I'm looking forward to it.  Mind you another couple of photos of 9083 (the 'Duke') around Nationalisation would help speed things along a bit...

Thanks for posting the photo!

Cheers,

Steph

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Oh dear, I do hope that I have not mislead anyone:- the engine was made by one of the "82G" crew, I think Nigel Smith, ( :-[ ).

If you get to our show please say hello.

regards, Graham