New 7mm Scale Society

JasonD

Western Thunderer
I wish to unreservedley appologise for introducing another rabbit hole into this thread. I shall take myself off to the naughty step straight away.

Simon (T)

Oh OK, Simon, we'll shift along. Be quick though, I've got a couple of 3-rail diesels to convert to 2-rail and my track plan goes across the naughty step!

Jason

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Tony, have you been applying that handy tip "where there's a scale difference in models on the layout, put the bigger scales at the front, smaller at the back and that adds depth to the visual effect"? Works much better than I expected, hang on ... it's probably my eyesight ........ no, still got 3 rails in those tracks :confused:
Jason

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Thanks Dave, now I really am off-topic, Airplane's White Rabbit never appealed, I liked the wrong mushrooms, but according to a Rolling Stone article they made a better version of Wooden Ships than Crosby, Stills and Nash's. I'll try and decide while I cut the underframe pieces for these two MTH center-beam flats I am aiming to correct.
Jason

CrankyChris

Err, and to get back on track, as it were? I've come back to this thread and wasted my time reading the last 2 pages hoping to be better informed, but found interesting but not thread relevant meanderings.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
In what way do people wish to be better informed about it - any specific questions spring to mind? (oh sorry no clockwork).

Pretty much everything you need to know is on the first 1/2 of the first page of this thread - which probably veered off down a rabbit hole or three because there wasn’t much more that could be said about it.

Western Thunderer
I've never been a member of the GOG so have no idea what was going on there, but just from this thread it seemed the finescale crowd couldn't cope with the coarsescale crowd, and possibly the S7 crowd too for some reason.

Why they have to differ and fall out I have no idea, but clearly they have.

They should have called themselves the Finescale O Gauge society though, 7mm makes no sense when the US crowd are involved with their imperial malarkey.

I was a member of the 2mm Association for some years, their shop offerings are really second to none I would say, possibly the 3mm crowd might come a close second, I don't know.

So if they are just another web forum, then I don't think they'll be around for long, but who knows, that's not really the point. The point is really what are they going to offer that you can't get elsewhere, here included, and we all know WT is the #1 web forum for makers.

Tony

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
I've never been a member of the GOG so have no idea what was going on there, but just from this thread it seemed the finescale crowd couldn't cope with the coarsescale crowd, and possibly the S7 crowd too for some reason.

Why they have to differ and fall out I have no idea, but clearly they have.

They should have called themselves the Finescale O Gauge society though, 7mm makes no sense when the US crowd are involved with their imperial malarkey.

I was a member of the 2mm Association for some years, their shop offerings are really second to none I would say, possibly the 3mm crowd might come a close second, I don't know.

So if they are just another web forum, then I don't think they'll be around for long, but who knows, that's not really the point. The point is really what are they going to offer that you can't get elsewhere, here included, and we all know WT is the #1 web forum for makers.

Tony

Tony,

Speaking as Deputy Chair of the Scale 7 Group and also a Guild member whilst we focus on S7 standards we enjoy good modelling in all scales.
Speaking personally I have to agree that WT is hard to beat, it's my 'go-to' forum. Its coverage of many scales is one of it's great attractions to me.

Now for the plug ;), you may want to check out the S7 Group website;

Home - Scale 7 Group

all the best
Tim

pcalkel

Tony,

Speaking as Deputy Chair of the Scale 7 Group and also a Guild member whilst we focus on S7 standards we enjoy good modelling in all scales.
Speaking personally I have to agree that WT is hard to beat, it's my 'go-to' forum. Its coverage of many scales is one of it's great attractions to me.

Now for the plug ;), you may want to check out the S7 Group website;

Home - Scale 7 Group

all the best
Tim
I can second Tims post regarding the Scale 7 Group.
Our S7 stores stock items not only for S7 but also the various finescale gauges that are being modelled, plus we have just acquired stocks of 7mm code 125 bullhead rail to be used with the 7mm Exactoscale chairs which our S7 stores already stock.

best regards
Paul Stokes
S7 Stores

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Err, do we sniff an ulterior motive in CrankyChris's first post on WT after 18 months membership? Where are the photos of models? WT doesn't sell itself on being an information service for other fora.

And what's all this promotion of S7? We know it works perfectly well and there is no discussion to be had about clunking over crossing Vs or how to make cut outs in boilers to fit the wheels in or narrowing the gauge a bit to make it work better but look less good. S7 is all too easy. I might have to give up on S7 after 25 years and change to 'Finescale' for more of a challenge. And now there is even a secret society to join. How exciting.:)

SimonT

Western Thunderer
I've always preferred the jazz interpretation of George Benson but that performance is mind blowing.
See what I did there?

Now, where's Elmer?