Neptune Road

D6331

Western Thunderer
An inglenook shunting puzzle exercise in 47"x 12" - as seen in Model Rail magazine (Feb 2012). I used a lump of the wonderful loft insulation pinky foam stuff with thin ply and cardboard to brace it.

DCC control and kadee couplings.

A beer, an hour, wagon labels - shuffled and dealt to determine the order = great fun.

Here's where it started in Tywyn
PICT0012.JPG

Pictures below by Marc SmithDSC_4861.jpg

DSC_4886_Clag.jpg
DSC_4850_SKY.jpg

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
A much better alternative to the Knauf material is Dow Styrofoam Floormate (purchased from Warren Insulation - branches nationwide), we used the 75 thick material in our baseboards and applied solvent free adheshive (no nails) and bonded the 9mm ply sides directly to it - no problems

post-6951-127114248405_thumb.jpgpost-6951-127114257666_thumb.jpgpost-6951-127114258898_thumb.jpg

cheers

Mike

D6331

Western Thunderer
Class 22_1.jpg
Now, I know there's detail not quite right with the Silver Fox version of the 22 above (which I'm still tinkering with) but... I like it and it runs like a lovely smooth running, smooth lovely thing... so there.

Many thanks all for the kind words and interest. :thumbs: (meant to say I was especially pleased that it featured in Model Trains International too).

Thanks Mike for the heads up on the Dow Styrofoam product. I need a lump or two for something small in Gauge 1..

Cheers
Roger

D6331

Western Thunderer
I need a lump or two for something small in Gauge 1..

Ooh I know the feeling, matron:oops:

Ohhh Matron.. (said in best Kenneth Williams voice) it's all your fault I'll have you know, young Mr Castens sir. Tempting me with your display of running a certain slimey slug wheeled little loco in the depths of darkest Camrail.. I didn't know where to look (Babs Windsor giggle)

:D

Simon

Flying Squad
Did you succumb to the aforementioned Rustonish thing of a certain hue that makes people around here come over all unnecessary then?

If so then - Nurse, the screens! (Fnaar, Fnaar, Fnaar.. in best Kenneth Connor style)

D6331

Western Thunderer
Did you succumb to the aforementioned Rustonish thing of a certain hue that makes people around here come over all unnecessary then?

If so then - Nurse, the screens! (Fnaar, Fnaar, Fnaar.. in best Kenneth Connor style)

ermmm.. maybe... ;) oh alright then, yes of course I bloomin did! I have the will-power of a small shaving brush that's used thrice weekly