Scattergun MTH workshop or A Glutton for Punishment.

mth

Western Thunderer
As requested in another area here is some photo's of the JLTRT Mk1's i'm working on.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 502
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 498
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 538
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 494
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 499

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi MTH, Great pics of the BCK, its looking really nice.  :bowdown: What is the other coach?:What livery is it going to be? Blue/Grey i hope :)) :)) :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

mth

Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
Hi MTH, Great pics of the BCK, its looking really nice.  :bowdown: What is the other coach?:What livery is it going to be? Blue/Grey i hope :)) :)) :thumbs:

Rob :wave:
Hi Rob, the other coach is a SK showing the white metal trusses, and yes they are all going Blue/Gray. Give me chance to finish them and they all will be on iploffy layout.

28ten said:
Thanks for the shots  :thumbs: anything to watch out for when I do my lot?
Hi Gov'nor,
alass there is.
Be caerfull if using the pre 57 windows as the body sides arround the windows will snap off easly.
There are some mold pips on the areas that need glueing, and the roof ends.
Make shore the ends fit in the correct place, that's with the end of the rivit strip in line with the top of the coach side. (i didn't on 2, and had to brake apart :headbang: :headbang: :shit:) the problem is the ends might have been cut to short.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 422

28ten

Guv'nor
Ok I will watch the windows, mine are all post '57. I had problems with the Western roof being a little short, I guess it is just moulding shrinkage

mth

Western Thunderer
Gov'nor
  You've just reminded me, the order i put the kits together was doing the body work first. I found that, when the sides were slotted in place, on some the ends would not sit flush. On the first one i did a dry run on this led to the roof siting short. Sorted by removing some of the bottom lip off the end.

28ten

Guv'nor
Looking at this again, would you suggest gluing the sides and chassis together before doing the truss? presumably this will have the effect of straightening the chassis. I have just been looking at the 'instructions' and yes they are not much help  :headbang:

mth

Western Thunderer
Whilst the paint is drying on the Mk1's i've started on my next hack & bash :headbang: :thumbs:.

Converting 3 AEC Railcar's into the 2 car set, 33 & 38 :drool:

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 198

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Very nice, although the window frames look a little chunkey IMO  :scratch: . First class seats were a very dark grey (almost black) I think .

Phill  :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
Very nice, although the window frames look a little chunkey IMO  :scratch: . First class seats were a very dark grey (almost black) I think .

Phill  :wave:
They are a casting that plugs into the side, but yes it does look a little chunky  :scratch:

mth

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:

Some second class seats were gray as well ???, mainly in the SO's.
Will keep looking. TSO could well be first finnished :headbang:.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Those mk1's look very good :bowdown: :thumbs:
As regards the seats here is a pic. These are for a FO

Attachments

• pr_1stclseat01.jpg
    pr_1stclseat01.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 367
  • pr_1stclseat02.jpg
    pr_1stclseat02.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 422

mth

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the photo's Rob, just what i needed :thumbs: .
just need to paint the seats now :headbang:  :headbang:.

will post more photo's soon (i hope)