Look Over Here, I'm New

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Hello everyone,

I'm Tom. I joined this site ages ago and then didn't use. I've been very much enjoying looking through the various threads over the last few days!
I'm into both 4mm and 7mm 1990s - 2000s models. I've got a thing from SR EMUs. Pugsley and me have created a few bits for the Class 455 EMUs. I'm also bringing some 7mm Heljan 33s up to date with tweaks and additional parts. I'm also converting some JLTRT MK2 f coaches into Gatwick Express vehicles, and a model of the High Speed Track Recording Coach 999550. I'll start a workbench thread soon and post some images.:thumbs:

Cheers

Tom

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Now that looks like an opener with promise, particularly the JLTRT conversions. Welcome and get posting, especially photos....

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Welcome Tom, looks like area 51 for you and nothing in blue, there's plenty of places left got to get the balance right.
Alan

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hello, and welcome! Sounds interesting - particularly if you're into converting Heljan 33/0's into 33/1 and 2's?? (I saw them all at Laira so no need for discharge to Area 51 for these! :thumbs:

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the warm welcome guys:thumbs:. I've started my workbench thread in Area 51. I have to say the entry is about a BR Blue loco. But don't worry, it's a one off celeb loco. Dutch is next on the list, and just maybe 030 in EWS.

Cheers

Tom

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some interesting projects.
Post plenty of pics and dont worry about the BLUE issue as BLUE IS THE COLOUR:D

Rob

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
and just maybe 030 in EWS.

Is that an engine from a railway just over the Irish Sea? You know, that funny thing with rails on A-frames and a carriage which resembled a step-ladder....

Any room in the last but one row? (just asking, I cannot find the queue for the back row)

ant31117

Western Thunderer
Now then Tom! :)

I lurked on various forums for a while before deciding to post on this one, based on the friendly, encouraging and knowledgeable comments you get on here. Plus I like the blatant blue, Western bias :))

Looking forward to following your workbench thread!

Ant

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
hi Tom and welcome. I'm interested in your 33 'tweeking' as I might be tempted do simlilar things with my green one.

cheers

Mike