Layout videos by Cliff Williams

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Thanks to Richard for allowing a stranger around Heyside at Guildex, I hope you all enjoy the footage I have taken. There are a fair few nifty little angles I have spotted for the mini cam, but the show was not the place to do them.

Some footage of The Summit at Telford Guildex 2015.

Last edited:

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Apologies folks - I did tell it to go from private to unlisted, but it must have been the point of the internet having a dizzy fit here!
Should be good now.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Cliff,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to video Heyside. I had taken my video camera to do just that, but couldn't find any time. Besides which, your video, especially with that mini cam, is so much better than mine would ever have been.

It is much appreciated, and I have a record of the layout at Telford with all the appropriate stock, which only ever happens at an exhibition.

Richard

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
I was allowed in behind the scenes to film the NRM layout at York for The Great Gathering. Lawries locos and Stef's stock had populated the layout for the event.

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer
Hi Cliff,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to video Heyside. I had taken my video camera to do just that, but couldn't find any time. Besides which, your video, especially with that mini cam, is so much better than mine would ever have been.

It is much appreciated, and I have a record of the layout at Telford with all the appropriate stock, which only ever happens at an exhibition.

Richard

Wot the boss said!

A great souvenir of the weekend.

Thanks Cliff!

Tim

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
If you guys wish I can put the video onto a dropbox folder for a couple of days so you can download it onto your own PC. It is 2.1gb in original 1080p format.

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Super to hear Tim which sound file do you have on it?

I have also added another video to the original post from Guildex 2015 of "The Summit" please go back to the top to see it.

Last edited:

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer
Super to hear Tim which sound file do you have on it?

Sorry for delay in replying Cliff.

The sound file is a Paul Chetter project on a Zimo695 decoder, with one of your round speakers firing downwards through a big hole in the tanks.

Incidentally, the speaker is "open backed" with the rear firing into the loco body. I've experimented with many speaker configurations in this loco and am convinced that this sounds better than using a full enclosure.

As a matter of interest, this loco also has a fan driven smoke unit - I'll couple it up one day.....

Cheers

Tim

Scanlon

Western Thunderer
Hi Cliff,

What a brilliant video. It brings back very happy memories of an excellent weekend. Probably unbeknown to you, you have managed to include almost all of the team in the various shots. I've noticed the occasional dubious movement which the "team" will have to address. I know Ivatt 4's are sprightly machines but one of the mineral trains seems to be out of control!

Richard, is there any chance you can put a link on the Heyside site to this video?

Best wishes

Roger

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Hi Roger
It is one aspect of the hobby I really enjoy, capturing layouts in action. I try not to get in the way and it is great when you get free rein like I was given at the show.
Glad I got almost all of you in, purely by chance I reckon.
I also got a nifty panorama shot too which might have a few of the team in view as well.

Heyside panorama 1500.jpg

Attachments

• Heyside panorama 1500.jpg
    Heyside panorama 1500.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 3