Jubilee and Lizzie tenders

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi as I'm waiting for help to get the chassis working on the Beams I thought I'd make a start on the tenders for the Farish jubilee build (Farish body/fine scale chassis) and the Lizzie tenders the Jubilee tender is the 3500 version.I have already built one of these indeed it was the first bit of 2mm modeling that I'd done but unfortunately I managed to drop it I was gutted as I was really pleased with the way it had turned out anyway some photos

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
They are Mick and I hope that I can do it justice there's a chap on RM web called Nick Mitchell who's building a Lizzie and it is stunning and so is the L&L radial tank that he's making
John

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
At the moment I'm not sure whether to model a red princess or a green one there is a rather nice photo of 46200 Princes Royal at Carlisle looking rather grubby which I find rather appealing
John

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi I've asked Jerry if it's OK to post these photos.This is what I'm hoping to achieve with the Jubilee and as you can see the Farish body is very good but so is the rest if it look at the valve gear .Am I worried :)

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
The coupling rods for the beams turned up today so I could have it running at last the tender in the photo is the original tender that I'd made and then dropped but today I managed to unsolder the damaged side and solder a new one on which pleased me as I didn't really want to throw it away .The two etches are a boiler and smoke box etch which Nigel Hunt who makes the kit kindly sent so that I could test my boiler rolling skills
John