Johns LNWR gallery

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi Michael , what brand and name of brown is interior on your wagon , its very effective.
Cheers Paul

Michael Osborne

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg image.jpeg Paul, I used Tamiya Bluff XF-57. I gave it a couple of thin coats before just brushing some weathering powders in after the paint had a couple of days to dry. The rusty ironwork was just the original grey paint brushed over with these rusty weathering gels fron Eileen's Emporium.

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Well I have got s far as I can with the wagons as I have run out of W iron and axle box castings .Ita possible that someone may b printing some for me so hopefully they will be soon .Of the two D1 wagons one is from a kit the one without the W irons is my first scratch built and the two D12 timber trucks are scratbuilt .All three from less than a sheet of plastic and
John

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
Excellent stuff John, I pleased to see that you stuck with the scratch building and all for the cost of a plastic sheet eh !

Keep it up it gets more addictive.

G

paulc

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that Michael , i will give it a try on my old Lima test wagons . I dont think "Rustit" is available in Aus but i have plenty of powders so will substitute .
Cheers Paul

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
On the first one of these I built the W irons and brake gear were all seperate items. It was fiddly to sest up. So this time I did it as a completé assembly
John