I've Been So Rude

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
I should have popped in here first to say hello:oops:

Started all this model chuffer stuff in the late 1970's for 5 or 6 years, then pack it all in because of gurls and lager (now ale). Rediscovered one of my old trainsets in the parent's loft in 2000 and also re-discovered what a great hobby this is!

I see a few familiar names here from elsewhere (yes that one..), and I'm pleased to see that they are the doers rather than the armchair frothers! Think I might stay if that's ok?

A

Alycidon

Welcome Chris

Good to know there's a lack of frothers in here. I'm as guilty as anyone for not making regular appearances, but do enjoy the content of this site..... look forward to seeing more of your train set(s).

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris :)

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

My modeling adventures like yours came to an end with the 1970's & resumed about 10 years ago.....I now try to recreate the 1970's :confused::D

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum;)

I think somewhere along the line we have all had a train set in our boyhood. Possibly left the modelling world at some point ( mine same as yours girls and BEER oh and playing football ). Apart from the fact im married ( which doesnt count as girls, more of SWMBO ) girls and footy have got much less appeal, however Beer is still on the agenda;) it helps with the stress :thumbs:. We all seem to end up returning to modelling to some degree.:rolleyes:

I too , like Phill model the 1970's

Rob

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Hello Chris, glad to see you found us - welcome!

I'm also glad you've seen the light regarding the lager :D

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hi mate

another familiar story welcome back to the hobby. Just remember play nicely and no wishlists allowed (thank god):))

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
After getting rather disillusioned with 'that' forum since it became a commercial tool, coming here is rather like the scene in Fahrenheit 451 where Oskar Werner discovers fellow book readers in the forest - in this case real model makers really doing stuff. There are some wonderful threads on here, I just need to find the time to do them justice now :)

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris and welcome

your last post is pretty much what I thought when I first came too (still do actually)

Jim

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Interesting comment Chris. This Forum might have diverged quite widely from it's original focus, but it is definitely still all about doing... recent thread about a certain R-T-R Hydraulic excepted.....:rolleyes:

Yeah but once the RTR plumbing is released then it'll be a queue of threads doing some speakable and very unspeakable things to it :p

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Interesting comment Chris. This Forum might have diverged quite widely from it's original focus, but it is definitely still all about doing... recent thread about a certain R-T-R Hydraulic excepted.....:rolleyes:

I think you summed it up very nicely once before, J - there's a big difference between being an RTR user and being RTR-dependent. Even the frothing here (such as it is) is motivated by the potential of the models concerned, rather than seeing them as an end in themselves.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yes I agree with Ian, discussions on here about new products are more about he potential of the new product if it's basically up to scratch.........I see these RTR products as a blank canvas ;):)