Is SEF still 'in production'?

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I tried to ask the question on the other place, not a wise move.

Is SEF still in production after its acquistion by Squires Tools or Squires merely selling off the remaining stock?

I ask because they were trading at Bristol but unable to answer questions about outstanding orders, moreover emails go unanswered.

Still waiting for the etched chassis for the T9 that I owe to Stevers of this parish, on back-order since April '21.

Thanks for some guidance but I am not optimistic

Tim

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
The Squires website currently only refers to the embossed plastic sheet products. Perhaps more to come but I suggest a call to Roger Lewis at Squires might elicit ,more information. Please share if you manage to find anything out.

John

Stephen Freeman

Western Thunderer
Squires has never really embraced the idea of selling on the internet or indeed email. Phone call has usually always worked but these days there are easier places to get what you want, I certainly haven't used them in about 10 years. Problem for them is really the vast array of products they sell.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Whether Squires has or has not a web presence is surely up to them. It will, of course, have a negative effect on sales but I have to say that I've called the shop on a few occasions and received first class assistance so I speak in their defence. In fact they obtained an Antex iron for my digital soldering station, despite them not being available from the manufacturer when I called them. It took Roger a while but he eventually came up trumps for me.

In fact, as we know from other comments within this august organ, Squires are far from alone in not answering or being tardy in answering emails. That does rather beg the question about why they have an email address at all but there remain certain companies who simply prefer a phone call.

Brian