Hi from Rob

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Welcome in, Rob;

The banter is great in here, the modelling is wonderful and the humour is . . . .wierd!
Oh, and everyone in here loves to see pix of what you are up to . . :thumbs:

Ian

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Thanks Ian, i recently purchased some Tower Brass 1/32 scale MK1's, currently converting them to Kadee couplers, possibly pictures to follow, cheers Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Hi CME, i must admit i do not know who Taliesin was, but i do have a thing about the engine!!
It's Trevor Taylor doing the MK1's, although i believe they will be manufactured in the same factory that Accucraft use. The current offer is four for £850, cheap by gauge 1 standards, cheers Rob

taliesin

Western Thunderer
The Black 5 they did was somewhat wrong, the top of the boiler casing is totally wrong, compare a picture of it with the real thing, interestingly Bowande, a Chinese company known for "copying" have released a live steam version which appears to have the same cosmetic faults, and to muddy the waters further just after the Bowande release Accucraft announced they would produce a live steam version of theirs with no cosmetic improvements. Several people have contacted Accucraft about this and it is possible that they will improve their model, things are not always as straightforward as they seem;) cheers Rob