Hello, Hello, Hello.....

ScottW

Western Thunderer
Hi I'm Scott and having just joined this forum I thought it only polite to introduce myself.

My main interest lies with the North British Railway c.1913 and recreating models from this period in S-Scale. Why S-Scale? Despite there being one or two 4mm North British Railway outline kits available on the market the range isn't extensive, therefore at some point I would have to start scratchbuilding. I decided that if a majority of my stock was going to be scratchbuilt then I would want to do it in a scale I have admired for many years. Since first being introduced to S-Scale I have always felt the size to be just right. In my view S-Scale models have a sense of weight and power to them that 7mm models have, but without having to go that much bigger in size than 4mm.

I will admit that I'm not the fastest worker and normally progress is slow, although I am happy to report that progress is being made. Since making S-Scale my main area of interest, about six years ago, a few models have been completed, I have also just started a couple of new projects which are sat on the workbench at the moment. I'll hopefully try and keep you posted on their progress. As I always believe in actions speaking louder than words here are a few pictures:

North British Railway Holmes Class \'D\'.JPGNorth British Railway Holmes Class 'D'North British Railway \'Ashbury\' Composite.JPG
North British Railway 'Ashbury' Copmposite
North British Railway \'Ashbury\' Third.JPG
North British Railway 'Ashbury' ThirdScottish Wagons.JPG
Scottish Wagons

Regards,

Scott

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Excellent start! Nice painting, lettering and overall finish. The wagons look clean and tidy so some more photos showing construction will be most acceptable.

Just hope that you are not adverse to the odd joke about blue....

Got any photos of the 8T outside frame goods van? Might stand a chance of finishing my kit...

Welcome, Graham

Simon

Flying Squad
Really lovely looking models and in an interesting scale too:thumbs:

It's also nice to see a bit more Pre-Grouping here, I must get back to 1912*......

Simon

* It'll be blue Jim, but not as we know it

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the forum (mad house), great modelling the loco looks superb and the colour is about right as well.
Alan

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
North British, interesting Scott and some very nice models.
We may have something to chat about in the near future as I have a very large G.A drawing for a Stephenson built Reid Atlantic ( LNER C11) for which I will be producing some patterns for scratch building a couple of examples in S7.
Welcome
ATB, Col.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Welcome Aboard Scott. Scratch building, I love it already. I too look forward to seeing technics used and watching your models progress,

ATB Mick

JimG

Western Thunderer
Scott,

Good to see you on board. As you will probably deduce from reading messages on this forum, there is a predilection for blue locomotives, so you might have to start modelling the Caledonian. :);)

Jim.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Scott,

some very nice models there - does not matter how long they take, so long as you get enjoyment and not too much frustration when building them.

cheers

Mike

AdamF

Western Thunderer
What lovely models - the loco is superb (and with great lining and lettering) :thumbs:

Welcome aboard - can't wait to see more builds!

ScottW

Western Thunderer
Thanks everyone for a warm welcome to the group, despite not modelling anything blue.

Excellent start! Nice painting, lettering and overall finish.

What lovely models - the loco is superb (and with great lining and lettering) :thumbs:

I must confess that the painting, lining & lettering are not my work. Having spent almost two years building the loco I felt that it would have been totally ruined had I attempted to paint it. You can see that the NBR livery of my chosen period is quite elaborate so I decided to write a cheque and have Ian Rathbone paint, line and hand letter the model for me.

North British, interesting Scott and some very nice models.
We may have something to chat about in the near future as I have a very large G.A drawing for a Stephenson built Reid Atlantic ( LNER C11) for which I will be producing some patterns for scratch building a couple of examples in S7.

I too have a G.A. drawing for a Reid Adlantic Col but mine is not very clear and is of the North British Locomotive Co version. One day I may get round to producing one in S although I can't see me ever building enough coaches for it to pull, let alone a suitbale layout on which to run it.

Incidentally the Stephenson & Co Adlantics were classified C10 up until they were fitted with a superheater, between 1923 & 1925, then re-classified C11.

I'll look forward to seeing your S7 versions progress.

Scott

S

Simon Dunkley

Nice to see you on here, Scott!

I have had the pleasure of seeing the D class in the flesh. Brilliant as they are, the photos don't do it justice.