Hello fellow makers.

Andy_Ross

This seems to be a place for modelers who actually like to model rather than just 'box shake', that's appeals to me.
I was running a model kit manufacturer and bespoke laser cutting and 3d printing service for modelers up until I retired about 18 months ago trading as Dexter's Cove.
I am now just a maker again.
Here's some of my old products, they re a mix of laser cutting and engraving with 3d printed details.
I mainly did 4mm scale but the little grey signal box is 2mm scale, it's about the size of a matchbox and a single piece print.
I did some work for model boat and ship builders too, cutting and engraving parts for hulls and printing fittings.

Although I have retired and sold off the printers and laser cutter I still have all the .stl files and CAD which I want to make available to any other modelers that want to make use of it.
There are hundreds of items, mainly architectural details but also CAD files for buildings etc

Closeups are brutal!!

s983423981268053549_p47_i5_w1009.jpegimage_25207.jpgimage_25204.jpgimage_25203.jpg
eups

Andy_Ross

Although I have retired and sold off the printers and laser cutter I still have all the .stl files and CAD which I want to make available to any other modelers that want to make use of it.
There are hundreds of items, mainly architectural details but also CAD files for buildings etc.

simond

Western Thunderer
Andy,

that box is lovely. I’m sure that many of us would enjoy & benefit from the products you worked on.

I do think you might want to ask anyone using your files to refrain from producing them commercially, though of course there may be model manufacturers who would buy a licence from you to do so.

is there an easy way of finding out what’s available?

cheers
Simon

Hayfield1

I have now got both a FDM and resin printers, which I brought for Templot's plug track project. I have used the FDM printer and it works well, but I have not used the resin printer yet

There seems now to be a take up of modelers buying these printers so any resource of designs ready to print would be a great asset for them

martin_wynne

Western Thunderer
I have now got both a FDM and resin printers, which I brought for Templot's plug track project. I have used the FDM printer and it works well, but I have not used the resin printer yet

There seems now to be a take up of modelers buying these printers so any resource of designs ready to print would be a great asset for them

Hi John,

There are some free STL files for resin-printed wagons from Jonathan Duffett at:

IronMink's Thingiverse Profile

haddock_thingiverse-png.png

Martin.