Hall Injectors

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Does anyone have a detail photograph of the mounting of the live steam injector on the original Hall? While I have a GA and Frame Plan, there is no information as Swindon left such dewtails out. I have a good photo of the exhaust steam injector on the left but nothing on the right. Mind you having looked at photos of other Swindon products, I now know there as many ways of mounting this injector as there are locos!

Thanks
Simon

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Thanks Colin. I did a photo survey of 2807 and loads of photos of how the 28XX set up. Unfortunately the set up on Hall is different as the step stay is vertical rather than horizontal in the 28XX.
Simon

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Are we still adamant that the Hall’s had exhaust injectors?

I recall it’s a question I raised a while back.

JB.

SimonT

Western Thunderer
JB,
as far as I know (about half an inch) all the long distance GW locos had exhaust injectors; some of them have been removed in preservation as there isn't the run to allow the exhaust injector to do it's work, hence two live steam injectors. I'm after the Swindon live steam injector mounting method. I did get a hint looking at Brian Daniel's photo survey of the 53XX where the injectors is mounted on a vertical plate mounted across the frames. The injector is mounted by the feed water flange onto the step stay. This requires a second hole above to allow access to the injector cones or jets.

Simon

PS Martin has supplied exhaust injectors with the Hall for years!

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Colin,
very interesting and different from what I was expecting. The link to the Hall page on the web site brings another version!

Simon