7mm GWR Dia 04 Siphon

Wagonman

Western Thunderer

Unfortunately that's an O1 not an O4. Willy was correct in his surmise that the shirt button went on the triangular pace between the LH and Centre doors. Nos 1868 and 1870 are definitely recorded as carrying the shirtbutton roundel though no doubt there were others as well.

Oddly the HMRS Siphons book doesn't give any tare weights so far as I can see but Russell (Vol 1) has a GWR drawing which gives average tare of 10.11.0

And that's the unvarnished truth...

Richard

Willy

Western Thunderer
Unfortunately that's an O1 not an O4. Willy was correct in his surmise that the shirt button went on the triangular pace between the LH and Centre doors. Nos 1868 and 1870 are definitely recorded as carrying the shirtbutton roundel though no doubt there were others as well.

Oddly the HMRS Siphons book doesn't give any tare weights so far as I can see but Russell (Vol 1) has a GWR drawing which gives average tare of 10.11.0

And that's the unvarnished truth...

Richard

Thank you Richard. There is a photo of No 1650 with the ‘shirtbutton’ in the recent addition of Great Western Way and this is the photo I have used. However, it was impossible to read the tare weight but thanks to a few kind members, including yourself, that has now been solved.

Willy