EM Gauge 70s - March Update

jonte

Western Thunderer
Could one elaborate please? I want to order a few tools frae that company...
Forgive my ignorance, but perhaps you’re aware that a wheel puller was/is(?) available from G(ee) W., which advertises/advertised its products in the pages of MRJ (unfortunately, I haven’t subscribed to same for a while)?

I’ve taken the opportunity to dig out mine to show you…..until I discovered it was the same product of German origin mentioned above (age…..):

IMG_2329.jpeg

Perhaps it might be worth asking asking another member with the latest copy of MRJ whether this individual/company is still advertising?

Sorry I can’t help any further.

Jon

David Mylchreest

The wheel puller I mentioned earlier is very different to the one GW Tools markets. That said it does seem to be true that the German firm does one that is very similar to the GW Tools design.
15 years ago or thereabouts I bought the GW Tools one but I couldn't get it to work. It just destroyed AGW wheels and so it went in the recycling; perhaps I was using it incorrectly. The other two GW products mentioned above, the Rivet Tool and the Wheel Press/Quartering Tool, are very good in my experience. I haven't tried the rollers.