Diesel bashing

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Hi Paul
That’s the one! Didn’t spot it myself when taking the pic, the shunter has been on the job and sorted it.

Last edited:

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike
I was hoping someone might have caught it coming over the Forth Bridge! :)

It is rostered for a 50 test run this weekend from OOC depot, hopefully catch some shots.

Rgds
Cliff

paulc

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike , the saloon coach looks much better behind the 37 posed on the bridge , mainly because its behind a 37 .
I do like a 37 .
Cheers Paul

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike , the saloon coach looks much better behind the 37 posed on the bridge , mainly because its behind a 37 .
I do like a 37 .
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

totally agree with you, currently I do not have a 37 in my fleet, but have had them in the past

IMG_20180606_135216.jpg

IMG_20171005_193608.jpg

carrying out similar duties

DSCF2612.JPG
and could possibly do with having this one back (detailed Heljan from 2008) for the current thinking.

regards

Mike

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Back to diesel bashing, pushing on with the 37/4 bogies saw them fitted with all the wiggly bits.
The ploughs on the front have been revisited as I was simply not happy with the angles on them.

They were stripped back and I added the front mounting face plate to the pylons (the column support for the plough) this immediately got the angle reproduction the way I wanted it in my plough jig. The two ploughs side by side in the first pic show the before and after. The pylons in green are the ones I cleaned up and prepped for a loco at Bo’ness.

CA7323AB-365B-4CA2-8534-68F8D1C9E20A.jpeg 51295777-CEE7-4291-BFF9-48782975C09F.jpeg 255579BA-72CC-4F80-88C5-93ECD241AFA8.jpeg 013BB1F3-6737-4209-B42C-057A16FE96BD.jpeg 849CF746-33D7-41BE-A602-DB17FE252982.jpeg A9501A8C-C7CA-41BE-963B-00E3F90A0505.jpeg 3996A94A-EFCE-451B-A251-9808A6727B66.jpeg
1A42DC33-7F63-4550-B3AF-B26E5157AFD5.jpeg

Good evening all. The Arun Sharma engine kits. Does anyone have any contact info or a website. A google doesn’t show much. Stunning locos cliff

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
A recent purchase has started its journey through the workshop, commencing with replacing worm and cog drive to something much quieter, sorting ride heights out and other minor tweaks.
It is a Dave Parkin kit, now PRMRP, I first saw this model eighteen years ago and put first refusal on it then.

Here is the 7+2 HST in action on the Bo’ness Gauge O Group layout on the Winter Diesel Running Day for full sized things.

Now to start on the dcc sound with synchronised smoke. The video has some other lovely models too.

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Very impressive stuff particularly the clickety-click. Are there large gaps between rails at certain spots? Stopping "when they're all dead" needs sorting Cliff :p

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
The coaches can get hot in the summer so the expansion gaps appear bigger in the winter.

The start and stop will be fine on dcc when I get it done Larry :)

richard carr

Western Thunderer
That's a beautiful model Cliff, it is the one thing that I would like to have at some point in BR blue livery.

What was the green DMU ?

Richard

David B

Western Thunderer
I love the HST - the last (and only) time I’ve seen those kits made up and running on a layout was back in the mid 1980s, on Jim Harris’s Lifford Lane layout. I think it was a shorty 2+3 set, in the (then) brand new Executive livery, from memory - Jim had done a great job with it (nearly up to the standard of his superb WMPTE class 116 Derby Suburban DMU with class 127 trailer). I‘m sure I have some photos of the HST somewhere…..

That’s a cracking paint job - I’d love to know how the window frames have been painted so neatly. Looking forward to seeing how it gets even better as you work your magic on it.

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
That's a beautiful model Cliff, it is the one thing that I would like to have at some point in BR blue livery.

What was the green DMU ?

Richard
Richard it is an ex Bachmann Brassworks/San Cheng Derby Lightweight. I am not sure who painted it and fitted out the interior but it looks nice. The ends needed reglazing and I temporarily fitted some cross bars to the “cathedral” windows.
These will get changed to something better once I DCC sound convert it.

I have made some new destination boxes up for it too, which seem to have come out well.
C49387C8-43DF-4773-B4F8-0CAB96A75FF8.jpeg