DA Black 5 First build

JohnFla

Western Thunderer
Having watched from the sidelines for a while I just thought I would show you my first attempt at 7mm.

DSCN0662.JPG DSCN0663.JPG

It's not been easy, very annoying sometimes but great satisfaction when things go right. Bought a rolling road at Telford and it does make me smile watching it run. The full build warts and all is on t'other side.

Grasshopper John.

Edit: The mark on the tender side was a spot of oil now all clean :)

dibateg

Western Thunderer
Very nice John - and welcome. You'll find it's a bit more about the building on this side. The other side is a bit more diverse - that's ok, there is room for everyone.

Cheers
Tony

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi John,

welcome to WT, as you will have seen, lots of photos with your postings are the order of the day.

cheers

Mike

JohnFla

Western Thunderer
Thank you for the welcome, Although I've been around for a while now mainly Drooling over the quality builders on here, something I can only aspire to.
As a first build the DA Kit was quite forgiving, the errors where all the builders fault and I had some advice along the way from a good friend.
Thinking of a LMS 2-6-4T as the next project, I am hooked on 7mm now.

Hi John what a finish your first 7mm build looks excellent. I am fairly new to 7mm myself I had been a 4mm finescale modeller for many years, that is until a good friend bought a 7mm Duchess kit and asked me to build it for him which I did and like you I was hooked. I then made up my mind to go the whole hog now after completing the second Duchess for him and one for myself I have gathered a few loco kits to build and have completed a Caley Jumbo. Not counting various wagon kits I am more a builder than a layout person although I have started laying track, the 7mm bug. Enjoy
Donald

JohnFla

Western Thunderer
Thanks Donald, I am the same in as much that I enjoy the build and don't have a layout. I have a rolling road for running in.