4mm Cropsham - an occasional diary.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
It is with regret that I have to report that Cropsham is to be abandoned. :( Following inspection by my roofer and analysis of the faults and the nature of repairs required. These will require specific circumstances to appertain, not least a sustained spell of dry weather. Thus it is apparent that it is all going to take some considerable time.

However, it is, as they say, an ill wind! I have assessed that the boards can be remodelled to be used on my Whatborough Camp layout .after repair to the water damaged one. I was never happy with the fiddle yard at Whatborough and now the chance of an almost finished replacement has arisen :)! So all is not entirely lost.

My thanks to all WT members who have shown an interest in Cropsham and my ramblings. If you wish to continue to follow my bumbling and bodging may I direct you to the occasional series of 'Postcards from Whatborough Camp', which may now become a little more frequent.

Roger ;)

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Sorry to hear that Cropsham has to be abandoned, but good to know that the work done is not all lost. I had a similar experience about 20 years ago when I first moved out to the lake, my small layout called Macton Locomotive Works was badly damaged by water cold and crushing snow when the canvas temporary shed collapsed under a heavy snow storm. I still have a couple drawers full of salvaged bits of buildings and ironwork. All at 1/24th scale.
Michael

jonte

Western Thunderer
It is with regret that I have to report that Cropsham is to be abandoned. :( Following inspection by my roofer and analysis of the faults and the nature of repairs required. These will require specific circumstances to appertain, not least a sustained spell of dry weather. Thus it is apparent that it is all going to take some considerable time.

However, it is, as they say, an ill wind! I have assessed that the boards can be remodelled to be used on my Whatborough Camp layout .after repair to the water damaged one. I was never happy with the fiddle yard at Whatborough and now the chance of an almost finished replacement has arisen :)! So all is not entirely lost.

My thanks to all WT members who have shown an interest in Cropsham and my ramblings. If you wish to continue to follow my bumbling and bodging may I direct you to the occasional series of 'Postcards from Whatborough Camp', which may now become a little more frequent.

Roger ;)
Looking on the bright side, Roger, perhaps we should consider it a happy accident ;)

Bit of a bummer all the same :(

Jon