Church Norton

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Martyn
Just read through Church Norton great work I rather like your base board construction it is unique, a well thought out design. Which car did you end up driving home? The older sporty red one or its newer rival.
David.

If I had the choice, it would always be the F40, such a classic shape…

Fantastic Progress Martyn,

Can I ask what size the layout is overall?

Regards
Josh

Hi Josh,

The room was a double garage in its previous life, and is roughly 5 metres x 6 metres.

Cheers,

Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Good afternoon Guys,

Loco building has taken up most of my time lately, so not a lot of work has been happening on the layout. There is one major upheaval taking place and that is the repositioning of the platforms. Although the minimum radius on the layout is 6’, the curvature of the platforms were too tight and with coaches along side the platforms the gaps were much too wide, the passengers would have to of taken a running jump to get on or off the coaches ! So we now have staggered platforms on a much straighter section of the layout. I have had to take up the headshunt that feeds the private sidings and there is now a platform on the original track bed, and the headshunt has now been replaced along side the new platform, hopefully the before and after photos will show what I am trying to explain.

B9D68E07-0ECD-4E05-B9BB-C400F4FB1D1C.jpeg

After,

3C477BC1-12C9-47F5-B06D-0521798BB72D.jpeg

Still a lot of scenic work to carry out, before I’m happy…

Martyn.

Last edited:

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
The original was superb but I do like the staggered platform option, I remember talking to you about that option a long time ago and it was a common theme along the welsh marches route.
Hi Steve,.

Yes it was our discussion that finally made me decide to make the changes..

A lot more greenery and ballast still needs to be added, but it’s a start.

Martyn.