4mm Brassmasters Rebuilt Royal Scot, 46109

Dave, again thanks for your pointers and picture. I elected to adjust the bend radius and position at the front of the motion bracket, fabricate the footplate as a reference check, and presto, all fits as it should.
The motion bracket now fits the slots in the chassis front and back, and slots nicely into the footplate with a small gap left to accommodate the outer overlays. I’m a happy camper.
The footplate is slightly tight over the chassis lengthways, so some fettling required here in due course.
The imposter at the back of the picture is a Comet Ivatt 2MT that I worked up over past fortnight on the bench at home while laid up.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpeg
    IMG_1419.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 32

Dave Holt

Western Thunderer
Mmmm. Quite a while since I last posted about the Scot (Jan 2022 in fact). Since then, it's been put away in it's box awaiting me getting round to painting the chassis.
Recently, a friend asked about some technical details of the build, causing me to take it out. I was quite shocked how rusty the steel parts - wheel tyres and axle ends - had become, causing me to strip it down with a view to preparing the chassis parts for painting. The body and tender body will be painted, lined and weathered by another friend.
I started by cleaning up the driving wheels and axle ends using a small scraper followed by a fibre glass brush. They came up quite well and show quite a difference to the untreated bogie wheels.
Scot_230.JPG
Needless to say, the disassembly didn't go entirely smoothly as I managed to lose one of the modified 16BA crank-pin retaining nuts and the 0.7 mm diameter pin connecting the RH radius rod to the top of the combination lever had come out. Both now rectified.
Dave.