Ashburton

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Alex,
a B6 will be no problem to the types of locos that will visit Ashburton. Its more an aesthetic judgement of whether the crossover looks tight with all the other turnouts as B7 & B8.
I think that a little more length that can come out and I will take a look later on. Don't worry about the 40' plan as I have the geometry.

Simon

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Alex,
I have removed about 5 inches from the runaround and about 3-4 inches at either end to bring the overall size down. I have a view on the effect but I would be interested to hear your views. The drawing is a little rough with some tidying up to be done before it can be used in anger.

Simonashburton_compression_v2.png

Stumpytrain

Interesting!

It's my attention to make a 1mm to 1' model to visualise the model. There's definitely a risk of taking the compression too far (part of me would like to employ none at all) but until I print out what you've produced at that scale and plop some mocked up buildings over it I don't think I'll be able to visualise how it will look. Although it was small as branchline terminuses go it looks quite spacious to me between the ends of the platform and engine shed / maltings. It would be sad to end up with it looking cramped. Hmmmm

Alex

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Alex,
I realised that the drawing in #23 is missing the grid lines. Attached is a .jpg with grid lines sized to fit on one sheet of A4. The grid should help you size the buildings. If you can't print it A4 sized from here, I'll PM you the file.
I agree on the space in the middle!

Simon

ashburton_compression_v2.jpg