And A Good Afternoon From Me...

AJC

Western Thunderer
I do hate writing introductions... Anyhow, I see there are a lot of familiar names and faces here and that's some sort of recommendation. In between the distractions of the day job, writing and teaching medieval history, I dabble in modelling the southern region of BR, but I have a wagon fixation (a hereditary condition picked-up from my dad) which complements my other interest, railways in industry. Since the western section of the Southern had precious few of those, and only a limited amount of heavy industry, examination of my stock boxes suggest a complete lack of focus as anyone seeing my work in the 'other place' might understand.

All this is in EM and in the 1960s. For me, it's all about making things, but enough of this, have a picture.

models 002.gif

Adam

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Welcome, Adam :)

Well, I'm impressed, anyway! :bowdown: From my hard stool one row from the back of the class, that looks damn nice.
But I'm not sure that there were many of those to the West of (say) Reading??

Ian

AJC

Western Thunderer
Thank you Ian(s) - they certainly made it to Poole and probably Weymouth, but definitely Blandford on the remains of the S&D(!): not there were more than 10 in any case. Not that it matters, I happen to like them and that's good enough.

Adam

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hello & welcome Adam :)

Thank you Ian(s) - they certainly made it to Poole and probably Weymouth, but definitely Blandford on the remains of the S&D(!): not there were more than 10 in any case. Not that it matters, I happen to like them and that's good enough.

Adam
Are there any photo's of this?.........I don't doubt you, but the only southern loco's I've seen were class 33's at the southern end :)

Cheers Phill

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Are there any photo's of this?.........I don't doubt you, but the only southern loco's I've seen were class 33's at the southern end :)

Assuming you mean Blandford, I'm guessing what Adam has in mind is the railtour that took one there c1968/69 - think there was a pic in a contemporary 'Railway Mag'.

AJC

Western Thunderer
Another madhouse? Goodness. ;) Thanks folks.

I forget which 74 it was, but as Ian says, it was on a railtour and therefore almost certainly a one-off. There's a picture in the big book of Electro-diesels (precise title and author currently elude me I'm afraid). The thing is now painted, lettered and glazed but is still missing a few handrails and route indicators (er, since January). It'll get there...

Adam

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that :).....................I thought you meant on a freight on the stub of the line at the southern end of the old S&D :confused::D
I remember spotting these on my 1975 Rail Rover :cool:.........I may have a couple of dodgy slides of them from then:D

D

dilbert

Hi Adam,

Welcome... the Western had interesting freight vehicles - thinking of the Tourn (with three bogies)...

thx, Nick