7mm RTR DMU's. Is there a market?

Is there a market for RTR DMU's?

• Total voters

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
With all of the best intentions in the world I don't think any manufacturer could possibly justify the R+D and then shift in volume the amount of sales required to cover the costs. If we look at our own little baby the 310 that has taken allbeit in our spare time nearly 6 months to get somewhere near right and if my calculations are correct it can be done for near enough £800 for a 4 car unit that includes the Big Big donor coach. When the amount of time spent chopping and changing bits to look correct, I.E. casting new bogie sides, as there are no suitable ones around ends, undergubbins, pantograph and the etches, this is not an unreasonable amount and this is being done 'cos I want one, Along with a 304 and assorted DMU's.

I must admit the thought of resin casting the bodies of all of the classes I want does appeal but it's a huge undertaking and not one I can readily afford to take the time of looking into.

Shunter

Following sales figures of the railbus will show whether there is a (profitable) market for more DMUs or not, I would imagine.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
But won't the railbus be going to tap into the micro layout market where DMUs would not fit too well?