38th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition - 21st/22nd October 2023

David Mylchreest

[...] Additional car parking at the station car park - with kind arrangement of Network Rail and APCOA this is now free over the weekend.
[...]
The above is copied from the OP as I can't get the 'quote' functionality to work.
I used this additional car parking facility on the Sunday and I have, this morning, received penalty notice from APCOA alleging that I used the car park 'without a valid payment/permit'.
Perhaps someone at the Uckfield Club would care to comment .

adrianmc

[...] Additional car parking at the station car park - with kind arrangement of Network Rail and APCOA this is now free over the weekend.
[...]
The above is copied from the OP as I can't get the 'quote' functionality to work.
I used this additional car parking facility on the Sunday and I have, this morning, received penalty notice from APCOA alleging that I used the car park 'without a valid payment/permit'.
Perhaps someone at the Uckfield Club would care to comment .

Dear All,

The Uckfield Model Railway Club (UMRC) is aware of a developing situation regarding APCOA issuing PCNs to those using the Uckfield Station car park over the weekend of the Exhibition.

As our publicity stated, by arrangement with Network Rail and APCOA, the Uckfield Station car park was free to use both on the Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October by visitors to the town and exhibition.

However we had an instance of someone at the beginning of the week receiving a PCN, issued on the 3rd November, for parking on Sunday 22nd October. They contacted the Club and we passed their registration number and PCN details to our contact at APCOA with the result that the PCN has been cancelled.

We thought that this may well have been a one off, but other visitors and several of our Club members have received PCNs in the post this morning, dated 9th November, and all relating to using the 'free' station car park on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October.

In the short term please could anyone who has received a PCN for using the Uckfield Station car park on the 21st and/or 22nd October please email the Club using the address:

enquiries "at" uckfieldmrc.co.uk

quoting their car registration number and PCN number - it would also help if a copy of the PCN was attached to the email if you are able to.

We will then forward details to APCOA on Monday.

Please accept the Club's apologies, but rest assured we will do our utmost to get the situation resolved.

A message outlining the above will be shortly be put on our website and Facebook pages.

Regards

Adrian

Last edited:

adrianmc

The Uckfield Model Railway Club (UMRC) is aware of a developing situation regarding APCOA issuing PCNs to those using the Uckfield Station car park over the weekend of the Exhibition. As our publicity stated, by arrangement with Network Rail and APCOA, the Uckfield Station car park was free to use both on the Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October by visitors to the town and exhibition.

An update on the above situation.

We have received an apology from APCOA and the assurance that "all the PCN’s issued for visits on either 21st/ 22nd October have been cancelled in full".

Apparently their system was recently upgraded and it appears that a technical glitch with the removal of the enforcement failed resulting in it still being live.

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
An update on the above situation.

We have received an apology from APCOA and the assurance that "all the PCN’s issued for visits on either 21st/ 22nd October have been cancelled in full".

Apparently their system was recently upgraded and it appears that a technical glitch with the removal of the enforcement failed resulting in it still being live.
Thanks for the info, @adrianmc
I erred on the side of caution and paid the £3. Eventually. Once the machine had recognised my Visa Debit card... after having done a circuit of the maxxed out shoppers car park!

Cheers
Jan

simond

Western Thunderer
A quick game of “where’s Wally” suggests the Folkestone mob got in and out without being spotted :).

A very enjoyable day out, and hopefully on the calendar for next year.